Vantage point




Saturday, November 02, 2002

Was reading a blog today. Suku came online. Sent her the link too. We both agreed on reading it how lucky we were for the lives we lead. All those who think of "Independence Day" as 'just another day' have to read this blog, cos the person does not know the meaning of the word freedom!

Mail me personally if you want the link, cos I don't feel like unnecessarily badmouthing someone's life on my blog.

I feel lucky living in a country where I can dissent. I can get up and say "I think this BJP government is a stupid government, the Babri Masjid demolition was one of the most stupid acts ever, Modi should be hanged for what he did in Gujarat, and oh yes, I DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOD OR ORGANISED RELIGION!".

I can say all this with my head straight and no one will come to arrest me, neither will I be ostracised or castigated. Because it's my mind and my opinion. And my country gives me the freedom to think away from the set norms. And I hope the wannabe-Fascists like the RSS/VHP don't come to power, EVER!

I love you, India.