Vantage point




Tuesday, August 19, 2003

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??

Whenever I check the "last 10 referrals" on the left side of this blog, more often than not I see that one of them is "Google Search: gaurav sabnis". If it was once in a while, wouldn't have been a big deal. In fact even now, it is just a small-to-medium kinda deal.

Who are these people? Is it just one person who has a bad memory, can not remember the URL of my blog and has not heard of this amazing concept called "bookmarking a link"? Or are many people looking for me on google? Do any colleges give "gaurav sabnis" as the topic for a term paper or something? Is there a celebrity by this name that I was hitherto unaware of? What could be the reason that my name gets googled so much? I know we have seen pretty weird search queries over there, but for me nothing will be weirder than seeing my own name there. At times the only plausible explanation seems to be that I am a schizo, and when my alter ego is on the net, it vaguely remembers my name and googles it. As this is all the result of being a schizophrenic, I have no recollection of it.

I guess there are things more perplexing than wondering who googles your name all the time. We don't know the details about the yeti till now and are a bit unclear about the whereabouts of OBL. An AIDS cure is still elusive, as is the answer to the question "What is the use of Tusshar Kapoor?". But if anyone evers bumps into this "god" fella and he is in a very tell-tale mood, slip in my question as well.

Or if you people don't want divine intervention, whoever googles my name is welcome to comment on my blog and tell us what drives you to do it. Believe me, my reaction will be nothing else than a flattered "pshaw!!".