Vantage point




Tuesday, November 05, 2002

MIDTERMS COME BUT THRICE A YEAR

My midterms start tomorrow and so you probably may not see to much of me on the blogsphere for the coming week. There are so many blogs I love that if I start reading one, I slowly branch off to others and before I know it, BAM, 2 hours gone. So this is a self enforced week long sabbatical from this wonderful world.

Before I go though, here are some very interesting lines from "Almost Famous" which I saw yesterday. Mull over them.


LESTER BANGS: Aw, man. You made friends with them! See, friendship is the booze they feed you. They want you to get drunk on feeling like you belong.
WILLIAM: (ruefully) Well, it was fun.
LESTER BANGS: They make you feel cool. And hey. I met you. You are not "cool."
WILLIAM: I know. Even when I though I was, I knew I wasn't.
LESTER BANGS: That's because we are uncool! And while women will always be a problem for guys like us, most of the great art in the world is about that very problem. Good-looking people have no spine! Their art never lasts! They get the girls, but we're smarter.
WILLIAM: I can really see that now.
LESTER BANGS: Yeah, great art is about conflict and pain and guilt and longing and love disguised as sex, and sex disguised as love... and let's face it, you got a big head start.
WILLIAM: I'm glad you were home.
LESTER BANGS: I'm always home! I'm uncool!
WILLIAM: Me too!
LESTER BANGS: (leveling) The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.
WILLIAM: (distraught) I feel better.


Back to Management Accounting 102 then. Adios.