Vantage point




Friday, November 29, 2002

I have a few projects I had decided to undertake some months ago. They were as follows -

1. Translating into English and Hindi, those works of Pu La Deshpande which retain a majority of their humour even after translation
2. Writing a modern day version of the Mahabharat
3. Writing an Indian equivalent of Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire".

Some progress has been made on each front, but it is hardly anything. I hope to complete these 3 projects soon. If anyone reading this wishes to offer me any monetary incentive for them, I am open to the idea. :-)

By the way, here's the first stanza of my version of "We didn't start the fire".

Pandit Nehru Satyajit Ray Junagarh Independence Day
Gandhi's murder K L Saigal Partition Bloodbath
Kashmir in United Nations, Ambedkar and Constitution
Ashok Kumar Noorjehan Lala Amarnath