Vantage point




Wednesday, June 26, 2002


When you go to a new city, you expect something from it. Call it propaganda or call it poor GK, but I have been expecting the worst out of Lucknow. Well, the city has beaten my expectations hollow. It's been just a few hours here so I may be jumping the gun in praising it, but it is a lot cleaner than I had thought, the roads aren't as bumpy and over all, it's a good place. IIM sent a bus to pick us up at the station, so we didn't get a chance to try out the cycle-rickshaws.

The campus is a-may-zing. It is such a welcome change from the Edwardian glory of COEP. I am in Hostel 11, the newest hostel and there is a lot of wiring being done there.

Just had lunch and the food though not absolute gourmet class is not too bad.

For some reason Suku and Sonal insist that I shouldn't talk to stranger. That pretty much leaves me on a maun-vrata, ladies, since everyone here is a stranger. Hence I shall bypass that bit of advice. Shailesh, I am 21, is that mature enough?