Vantage point




Sunday, June 23, 2002

This is the last blog I write from my home. I don't know if this holds any historic significance or anything. It does feel very unreal though. I can't believe that this is the last time I am 'at home'. We take so many things for granted. The place where I keep my towel, the arrangements of channels on the television, the glass I always use to drink water, the phone diary, I could go on and on.

But as Spencer Johnson so wisely put it, "Savor the adventure and enjoy the taste of new cheese".

Yesterday was my last Rotaract meeting, and I gave the expected 'farewell speech'. Rotaract has played a evry important part in shaping me over the past four years and wherever I go, it will be a part of me. I'll miss you, RCPK (Rotaract Club of Pune Karvenagar).

For some reason, the paperwallah delivered "Indian Express" instead of "The Times of India". It was as if to remind me of the million 'Times vs Express" arguments I have had over the years. I used to be a staunch Express fan through my school years before I made the switch during my college days. Initially I thought of TOI as too pedagogical, and hence preferred the comfiness that IE exuded. But I suppose as you grow up, you want to read more serious stuff than just a few scams and scandals. However, nowadays, TOI is no different from IE. harish keeps recommending the Asian Age. Surely won't get that in Lucknow.

Have been reading "ELECTRUM", the magazine of our Electroncis and Telecomm department. Good show by the SE-ites. Keep the flag flying, juniors.

Farewell, Pune (for the time being). My next post will be from the nawabi city.