Vantage point




Sunday, March 30, 2008

Obamania

Just got back from a Barack Obama event on campus, and the foremost thought on my mind - I am so out of shape because of the long winter! Had to stand for two hours in a line that was over a mile long, and had to stand during the hour long speech and my legs hurt!

The more relevant thought is the obvious one - this guy sure knows how to speak in front of huge crowds. The crux of the speech was unsurprisingly similar to what he has said before. But what was noticeable was the way he engaged the crowd by injecting witticisms in between, like always referring to Dick Cheney as "My cousin Dick Cheney".

The crowd itself was way larger than I had expected. Must have easily been about 10-15,000 strong, which is pretty remarkable given that the population of this town is less than 50,000.