Vantage point




Monday, March 01, 2004

KABHI L-VIDA NA KEHNA....

Room 1151, IIM Lucknow

This room where I spent the past one year, is a room that has given me more memories than I could ever have imagined.

I came to IIM, not knowing what to expect. I go back taking with me somethings that are beyond my wildest dreams. Life has a habit of springing surprises on you, pleasant and unpleasant. The past two years have seen a procession of pleasant surprises.

As I took a walk around the campus yesterday, it sunk in that it was probably the last time I was doing so as a student. There are so many things about life in IIML that I take for granted. Walking back to the world outside will be like a wake-up call. I descend from paradise into the real world.

However this very paradise has prepared me to face any challenges that I might face.

When I came here in June 2002, I remember telling a friend "You know, in 4 years you get attached to your engineering college. I doubt if we can feel the same way about IIMs since we just spend 2 hectic years here."

I can't remember when I have been more wrong. Today I feel more strongly connected to IIML than I ever felt to COEP ( it is not just because i am connected to the IIML server one last time while making this post ;-)).

Goodbye, IIML. Your verdant campus will always remain a part of me, as will Room 1151.