Vantage point




Monday, September 02, 2002

It's been two years. Two good years. We were always together. The only time you weren't with me was at night in bed. I know that this separation at night was in the best interests of both of us. If we had spent a night together, I am sure our relationship would have ended in just one night. But even in these two years, we both knew that we weren't meant to be together till eternity. And so now, I seriously think of discarding you.

You have given me pleasure, comfort, shown me the world in a clearer way. But you have also given me occasional pain and have been a source of irritation and annoyance. Lately the irritation and annoyance has increased a great deal. You are the sole cause of whatever tears I shed. And a man is not supposed to shed tears. Everything else I may pardon, but tears I can't. It is time we parted ways. I need to move on and you too, need to find out newer uses in life. I have used you for two years in my own way. Now I think someone else can think up of newer ways to use you. I have no regrets about our relationship. I got the worth of whatever money I spent on you, nurturing you.

I have decided that the coming three weeks will be our last. When I go back to Pune, I will get your replacement. In a better shape than you. I hope you realise that you have lost a bit of shape, and I needed you to be in perfect shape. New, fresh, and unused, who will be wet whenever I want, and not dry up suddenly.

I may sound callous and heartless, but it's for the best.

Let us make most of the three weeks we have to spend together.

Goodbye...Contact Lenses!