Vantage point




Saturday, November 25, 2006

Songs Scrubbed Blue

Over the last few weeks I treated myself to a Scrubs marathon, in preparation for the 6th season starting next week. After the heady heights during the 90s of Frasier, Seinfeld, FRIENDS, Everybody Loves Raymond, etc, the American sitcom has lost colour. The one saving grace is Scrubs (I am not counting South Park, because it is a cable show). I recently came across a great link where I found all its episodes on streaming(and several other sitcoms too). Can't post it on my blog. Mail me if you want it.

But anyway, the point of this post is, that on top of being a hilarious sitcom, Scrubs can also serve as the source for some great music. Not since The Wonder Years has a sitcom been able to find a song fitting the occasion so consistently. So if you like alternative and indie music, check out this link. It lists all the music used in Scrubs so far and serves as a nice playlist.