Vantage point




Saturday, February 19, 2005

Ciao, Comments

I have finally taken the decision to do something I have been contemplating since months. I have removed the comments service under each post and replaced it with a link to my email address. So in the future if any readers feel strongly about a post of mine, they are welcome to, nay, they are urged to send me a mail.

Why did I do this?

To be honest, it is mainly because of the trolls who get their jollies by flaming other people's opinions. I would love to be a tranquil nirvanised person who is not affected by these trolls at all, but I am not. And it is not just me, but a lot of you who get pissed off by these trolls. What this does is, it takes the focus away from the blogpost and throws it on the trolls. We have seen this happening particularly with one person who posts under different names (yumyum-aka-sabnis-ka-whatever-aka-AG)) but does not take the effort to change IP addresses in the same session.

To use some management jargon, the costs associated with the frustration arising from some pointless offensive anonymous comments have lately started exceeding the benefits of the convenience that comments offer.

So people, write to me. You will find a link to my mail ID under every post.