Vantage point




Sunday, February 16, 2003

THE LUCKNOW BLOGGERS MEET.....or What a great time I had this evening when I met Sarika
I was standing at Parivartan Chowk at 5:30 p.m. with a yellow flower in my hand (I don't know what that flower is called). I had no idea what she looked like, but she said she would be on a black Honda Activa. I saw one girl whiz past me, but she seemed in her late 20s. I stared at her for a moment, hoping for a response, but she gave me a very rude look. This can't be Sarika, I thought. A few seconds later, a girl wearing a helmet and clad in pink on a Honda Activa smiled at me and stopped near me and said "Hi!".

Her dress however was not half as pink as her cheeks. She was blushing with nervousness, she said to me. This blush was causing her already rosy complexion to take on a darker hue. I sat behind her and we went to Aryans, near Hazratganj.

In the restaurant, she had a vanilla ice cream and I had chocolate. We had already realised that we shared a lot of dislikes. Now we discovered that we shared a bad habbit too. Anyway, we basically kept talking of this and that, and furthermore of this and a bit more of that. It was a great conversation, because like I said some days ago, best conversations are those whose topics you can't really remember hours after you've had them. So though we spoke non-stop for two and a half hours, I'll be darned if I can list down what all we talked about.

For someone who has such a great personality, and is such a great conversationalist, Sarika sure does ask "Am I boring you?" a lot! The reality is far from it. She is very cute, perky and great company to have and it would take a really shallow or a lifeless person to call her boring.

At 8 p.m., we left because I had a bus to catch and she had to get home before it was too late. And so drew to a close what was definitely the best evening I have had in Lucknow.

Looking forward to meeting you again, Sarika.