Vantage point




Friday, December 06, 2002

In other news, I finished reading Chuck Palahniuk's "The Fight Club" and liked it. Now that I have read the book, I am ready for the movie (starring Brad Pitt and the talented Edward Norton).

Most of the people I know have seen the movie and so whenever I said I was reading the book, they would threaten me in a playful way "Should I tell you the end?".

Serendipity made an appearance in my life after a while, because the suspense of the book turned out quite similar to what I guessed it would be. Blame it on the fact that people kept making a big deal out of how it would end, making me search for a twist in the story. The search was largely successful. Therefore, it perhaps did not impress me too much. But still a good book.

Leaving aside all the philosophical fundas woven in "The Fight Club" and treating it as just a story, it was good, but not as good as 'Memento' which I saw some weeks back. That was a truly mindblowing concept, both conceptually and cinematically. It shows how important the job of an editor must be in the world of films I am looking for the book Memento now.