Vantage point




Saturday, July 20, 2002


Hmmmmm!

I always thought some things in life never change. Like friendships. They always withstand the test of time. Whatever happens, the bond remains just as strong. Take for instance me and Satyen. If I ever feel homesick at Lucknow, I just have to see his comments on my blog and it makes my day. Or one of his mails or his hilarious posts. Friendships like these make the distance between Pune and Lucknow seem like a few metres. I am sure the distance between NJ and Lucknow will shorten too. There are people like Vallari, Nachiket, Madhura, Chaitanya etc etc with whom it's the same. One hardly feels the distance. Then again, thanks to blogging, there is this new set of great pals like Sukanya, Sonal, Nikita, Prashant etc who seem to have added a new dimension.

Too bad not all friendships seem to be like that. There are people who used to have long phone conversations with me, or used to meet me very often and hang out. Life seemed incomplete without them. But this distance probably proved too much for those bonds to withstand. Today i got a 2 line reply from this friend to a mail I sent her on 7th July. There are a few who hardly mail a short one once in a while. There is one friend who hasn't mailed me AT ALL in the month that I have been away. We used to talk on the phone for 2 or 3 hours at times.

I guess, I had better accept the fact that it'll never be the same with some people. It will only be "hello, how are you?" and "are you doing fine?" with them all my life.

It has happened before and I suppose it will happen again. Zindagi ke safar mein guzar jaate hain jo makaam................