Vantage point




Thursday, August 13, 2009

Losing my virginity

I have finally decided to lose my virginity. Like anyone who does not give up their virginity willy-nilly, I have been waiting for "that special one" to come along. And that special one is finally (almost) here. At least I hope I am righjt about the specialness. I'll find out only on Saturday night.

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. On Saturday night I lose my "watching a Bollywood movie on the big screen in the US" virginity. I've been here three years. And not watched a single hindi movie on the big screen. It's not like I had made a vow not to. It's just that I live in a podunk little town where they don't show hindi movies. The closest cities where I can watch them are 3-4 hours away where we only go on weekends. And on weekends in a big city, there's so much to do, that spending 3 precious hours on a hindi movie seems absurd. And no movie in the last 3 years, at least based on pre-release info, has seemed THAT great. Which is not to say there have been no good hindi movies in the last 3 years. There have. But waiting for their DVDs or finding them online after a few days seemed do-able. For me to watch a hindi movie on the big screen, it'd have to be REALLY special.

And from all reviews, it does seem to be special. Saturday night. In New York City, I'll spend money and precious weekend hours watching - Kaminey! :)