Vantage point




Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sigh!

There is something wrong with this world, for it often fails to recognize the undeniable brilliance of my wit and humor.

Ordered sushi pickup. Went to the restaurant. The guy behind the counter handed me the pack, and I handed him the credit card. There was some problem with the credit card machine, and it didn't seem to be interested in spitting out the receipt. So he was struggling with the machine. This went on for a couple of minutes.

So I say, "Hurry up, the sushi is getting cold."

He freezes, looks up and says, "What?"

I had expected a smile so I said "Umm... my sushi is getting cold", and gave him an ear-to-ear grin.

The grin was wasted, because he said, "No, no. Don't worry. Sushi does not get cold. Sushi already cold."

I grin again and say, "I know. I was just kidding."

He says "Oh." stares at me for a second, and then goes back to struggling with the machine.

Sigh!