Vantage point




Saturday, January 22, 2005

Snow!!

When my flight landed in Minneapolis, I saw for the first time in my life, that it was snowing outside. It was snowing cats and dogs.....or maybe I should say.... penguins and elks!

Of course I did not have much time to admire it. The flight from San Diego that i was on, had landed late because of the snow, but the next flight to Amsterdam was going to leave on time. So I admired the snow from the glass walls as I was running to the other end of the Minneapolis terminal, hoping to make the flight in time.

Why should an airline have its hub in a place which has such major snowfall capable to disrupting flights, is beyond me! I hope that the Indian airline companies planning on going global don't keep their hubs in North India, where fog is a major problem in winters.