Vantage point




Saturday, June 21, 2003

LEFT OR RIGHT?

Friend: I see you've taken a potshot at leftists again.
Me: Yeah :-)
Friend: I don't get it, you hate the leftists, and you hate the rightists.
Me: So?
Friend: So don't you feel confused? Or are you a Centrist?
Me: Centrist is one of the most ridiculous terms I have ever heard. :-P
Friend: If you are not a Leftist, Rightist or a Centrist, that pretty much exhausts the spectrum, dude.
Me: Fortunately, I don't live in the textbooks oF Euclidan geometry, or on a number line, where you can be either a positive, a negative or a zero. In the real world, are left and right the only dIrections? Isn't there above, below, front, back?
Friend: Yes, so which is yours?
Me: Haven't allotted philosophies to those directions yet, but since I very immodestly feel I am "above" the crap leftists as well as rightists dish out, call me an "ABOVIST". :-)