Vantage point




Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Favorite Scene from My Cousin Vinny

This innocuous scene, which I finally located on youtube, is my absolute favorite from the movie My Cousin Vinny.



Vinny, i.e. Joe Pescie, is woken up in the middle of the night for the umpteenth time in Alabama, this time by the screeching of an owl. So he, very understandably, grabs a gun, runs out, and lets out a few shots in the darkness to quell the infernal sound. The owl making the actual sound however, is ever so slightly startled after his latest screech, calmly turns his head back to see Vinny fire off a few gunshots, turn back around, and lets off another screech, very calmly.

As amazing as the whole movie is, this scene always makes me literally roll on the floor laughing. The surprised and then unconcerned expression on the owl's face is just priceless!!!

Labels: