Vantage point




Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Frisco Ahoy!

This blog will be spending it's Thanksgiving Break in San Francisco.

A friend of mine recently said to me, "There are only 3 cities in the US which have a character, a soul, and an intangible presence that separate them from the other assembly line cities. Three cities which you absolutely must visit and savor. One you visited recently (NY), the other you will visit next week (SF).. and the third...."

"The third?" I asked.

"It's more of a lake than a city nowadays."

Heh. Reminds me of something I heard after Katrina - Mardi Gras ki maar di g**d.

Anyway, coming back to the point, I will be in San Francisco from 22nd to 26th November. Will definitely meet Kings, and most probably Naveen. If any other bloggers (or just readers) from the Bay Area would like to meet up, drop me a mail at gaurav.sabnis(at)gmail(dot)com.

I may or may not crack jokes like this - What would you call the pilgrims who got very horny at their first harvest in the new world? Thanksgiving Tharki.

Enough goofing around for me. I'll get back to Hierarchical Bayesian Models. You let me know if you want to meet up.