Vantage point




Monday, May 26, 2003

THE WEST IS THE BEST!!!

...and there is no question about it. :-)

Spent a month up North and it feels great to be back where I truly belong. Spent a day in Pune yesterday and came to Mumbai this morning. Over the past 2 days I have travelled in buses blessed(??) with superfast drivers. The bus which I boarded at Nashik at 1 in the night said "Pune Ati Jalad" which means "Pune Super Fast". And boy did the driver make it live upto its name! At 4:45 a.m. the bus screeched to a halt at Shivajinagar in Pune!!! Usually the journey takes anywhere between 5 and 6 hours.

Then again this morning, another bus took us from Pune to Andheri in exactly 3 hours!!!! Now I wonder how many times I missed being in an accident on these 2 journeys. Thankfully I was seated at the back on both occasions and was either dozing or talking with someone. So unlike the Del-Lko bus journey I did not have a ring side view of the driver's antics. Hence I am completely aware of any "near death" experiences I faced.

Like George Orwell wrote in 1984 Ignorance is strength.